Top 5 Dieting Tips

Top 5 Dieting Tips

By: DadBodybuilding

Tip #1 ~ Drink a lot of water

Drinking at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day is important in your overall health and wellness. But drinking this amount of water or more (we recommend 1 gallon) a day is also key to dieting. Often times when you feel like you’re hungry, you’re more than likely just dehydrated. Drinking a lot of water ensures that you’re adequately hydrated, helps with food digestion, and keeps you fuller longer.

Tip #2 ~ Include more greens in your meals

Green vegetables are important as they carry many micronutrients that help strengthen your immune system and promote better bodily health. Greens also have very low caloric values, including minimal carbs, making them ideal for dieting. Try and include a few servings of greens in daily meals to avoid overeating.

Tip #3 ~ Choose high-fiber carb sources

Ideally, you should eat the carb sources that you most enjoy. At the end of the day - a carb is a carb. However, when dieting, choosing carbs higher in fiber can help reduce your appetite and keep you fuller longer. Thus, helping prevent you from overeating.

Tip #4 ~ Fit your favorite foods into your daily macros

The beauty in counting macros and having a flexible diet, is it creates a sustainable healthy lifestyle. It provides balance and structure but doesn’t forbid you from the foods that you enjoy. Live by the 80/20 rule. Consume 80% of your daily macros through high-value, nutritional foods. Consume the remaining 20% of your daily macros through your favorite foods.

Tip #5 ~ Get creative

There’s no way to sugarcoat it - dieting sucks. The foods that taste the best, tend to be the foods that don’t agree with our weight loss goals. But, that shouldn’t stop you from thinking outside of the box and getting creative with your meals. The way to get creative with your meals, while still hitting your macros - plan ahead.

Choose the creative recipe you want to cook. Calculate the macros and servings you plan to have. Enter it into Myfitnesspal. Once you know the macros of this meal, you can then figure out the rest of the meals you need to eat, in order to hit your allowed macros for that day.

My recommendation for this strategy is to plan this at least 1 full day out and have all of your meals and macros entered in accounted for in Myfitnesspal.

This is a great way to get creative and give your taste buds something new, while staying on track with your progress.

To get help with fat loss and living a sustainable healthy & fit lifestyle, choose the program that best fits your schedule as a busy Dad.

Connect with us on social media @dadbodybuilding
www.dadbodybuilding.com

No Comments

Post A Comment